Friday, February 23, 2018

Discipleship Journey 2018 - Part 1


Chewing and Thinking:-
  1. Things and events usually capture my full attention, people may capture my full affection. But it is not always in this sequence. Sometimes, things are more important than people and people got ignored by me or used by me to perfect an event or things to do done. 
  2. Am I growing as a disciple of Christ? Yes albeit slowly and at times stagnant and a bit retarded. Events and people in life caused me many bruises and I get offended and that is when my growth halts and zero growth. Reading is on-going. In all things, have a kingdom-mentality, we serve a risen saviour who wants to see all men be saved.




Chewing and Thinking:-
  1. Holiness and humility are like the pair of hands, they are siblings connected at the heart. Without holiness, it is impossible to please God. But yet, as marks of true disciples, how do holiness and humility look like? It is how we treat our neighbours through our daily living, our staff, people lower than us, people who serve us, are we forgiving, fore-bearing, encouraging, building up other people who are around us?  This is where actions speak louder than words. The "walk the talk" part of our life.
  2. What influences me to cultivate the appetite for holiness and humility? Being with Christian brothers and sisters who are like-minded and practise holiness and humility. Reading and meditating on the Word of God to understand the calling of God upon my life. 






Chewing and Thinking:-

  1. This sounds like a mathematical theological question to me. So in Discipleship journey equation, this is how to write this equation down: Why + What => How or rather Why => What + How. The Why definies the What and determines the How. So it all starts with understanding WHY.
  2. I love these 5 Defining Questions so much that I actually make use them in my preparation of paper, presentations, talks, sermons and even thesis arguments. Yes, they are that good!
  • Why is it so important?
  • If it's so important, why is it so neglected?
  • What is it all about?
  • What makes it so difficult?
  • How can it be best accomplished?


Chewing and Thinking:-

  1. The depth of spiritual life ensures sustainability and anchors multiplication. This is especially so in the life of a church within a community. On a personal note, spiritual maturity is what we want to pursue but whether we accomplish maturity or multiplication, that still depends on a few other things, such as calling and resources. 
  2.  Radical discipleship is very important for the church to sustain and grow continuously. It will become part of the ecology of the church community.




Chewing and Thinking:-
  1. My personal conviction about discipleship is that with proper and prayerful execution, it will bring about a healthy and sustainable ecology for the church community and generations will be taken care of. Corporately, discipleship will very much depend on the leadership's commitment and skills of executions.
  2. On my personal preference, I am a strong executor / doer but I love to be with people and see how people are transformed through our programmes. So, it is a mix. 


No comments:

Post a Comment