Saturday, February 18, 2017

Devotion during IDMC 2017 - Psalms 71:17-18

Devotion during IDMC Miri 2017
Rev Ann Chan
18 Feb 2017
Miri Meritz Hotel

Psalms 71:17-18

17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. 18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. 

Four things to learn from David :- 

1) Don't stray from God
3 things we do when we encountered problem

  • Fight
  • flee
  • Freeze

2) Dont give up or opt out
Don't leave God and don't forget to give Him praise
Praise can change things and most of all, praise vhNges us.

3) Be empowered by God
V18 do not favor sake me
When times are tough, appeal to God, ask Him for new vision, new peace.

JI Packer - I am losing sight but I am now seeing Jesus.

4) Focus on your life purpose .
Until I proclaim your might to the next generation.

Our life is beyond this generation, this is our goal in life, passing on our legacy beyond our life. The most important thing we leave behind is not wealth, it is the spiritual legacy to the future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment