Saturday, February 18, 2017

IDMC 2017 Take Away - Personal Reflection




Wh


What have I learned in this IDMC 2017 ?
What are my takeaways from this conference? Was it the bag, the pen, the conference book or the nametag?

I have learned a lot from the past IDMC conferences. I have different take-away lessons for each of them. It does not necessary make me a disciple maker, it caused me to re-align myself to God's mission and vision, it made me realised my true destiny and it helped me to re-postured myself before the Lord. 

On the last day of IDMC 2017 at Miri, we were asked to pen down what is our take-away from this conference. I wrote the following prayer in a breath. I wrote down the first line and had no idea what to write for the next line. It was like the Holy Spirit downloaded to me what to write. As I penned the thoughts down, towards the end I was thinking to write about my home-coming to heaven and enjoying eternal life but instead, I was moved to tears. I wept as I wrote the last few lines. 

This prayer is like my heart-beat prayer to God. I realised that after half a century, I have many flaws, I have failed time and time again. Would I  be able to make a difference? Would I be able to rise up tall? 


What I have in this one life, 
the little time that I spend on earth, 
loving the few people God brings to me, 
solving problems related to my living on this land, 
leaving a mark, a legacy for the next generation, 
a testimony of His glory, 
how God could use one life 
to bring about transformations 
that have eternal and Kingdom values.

No comments:

Post a Comment